This content originally appeared on Caroline’s Keto Kitchen. Republished with permission.
These little guys make me smile. I decided to make some happy, some surprised, some unamused and some upset, because where’s the fun in 40 uniform cookies?!
Keto Gingerbread Men
These classic gingerbread men cookies are fun to decorate and perfect for your low-carb Christmas platter.
- 1 bag Lolli's Gingerbread Cookie Clusters
- 1 egg (large)
- 8 tbsp salted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 8 tbsp salted butter (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered Swerve
- ~2 tbsp heavy whipping cream (may need slightly more or less to get desired icing consistency)
- Place the bag of Lolli’s, large egg, 8 tbsp of melted butter and 1 tsp vanilla in a blender/NutriBullet/Magic Bullet and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add the almond flour, coconut flour, brown sugar substitute, xanthan gum, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Stir well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the cookies dough on wax paper. (I used a top sheet too since the dough is pretty greasy, but you don’t have to since it’s not at all sticky). I recommend rolling it to roughly 1/3 inch thickness.
- Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut out all of your men. Continue re-rolling the dough until all of your dough has become men.
- Line the gingerbread men on a cookie sheet. (The cookies don’t rise or spread that much, so you’re okay putting them closer together than pictured).
- Bake cookies for about 14 minutes or until done. I recommend rotating your cookie sheet in the oven halfway if your oven doesn’t cook evenly.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and allow cookies to cool fully.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Mix together the softened butter, vanilla, powdered Swerve and heavy whipping cream.
- Once cookies are cooled, decorate them! I used icing bags and a bit of food coloring.
The following facts are for one gingerbread man, but keep in mind yours may differ based on the size of your cookie cutter and amount of icing used.